I’m not sure who’s happier about school starting: my daughter or me! This week has been full of preparation for a new school and a new school year.
Which is why no posts. However, I have taken a BIG step. Financially and mentally.
I have registered for a writing class. Ignoring my ego, I have registered for Children’s Book Writing I. Ten weeks of writing exercises and lectures. Here’s hoping that if my ego is right, and I already know much of the material, I can get credit towards a more advanced class! At the very least, I will have a set of goals and a specific amount of time to work on new material and polish my older manuscripts.
Perhaps it’s time to review my earlier goals and rework them – new goals for a new year!
1) Submit story to Highlights contest. Check!
2) Apply to Library Journal and Booklist as a reviewer. Well, I did start the application process. I suspect this goal will become a long-term goal.
3) Finish revising Noisy Nina and Nosy Nina. Hmm. Not even started.
4) Send at least 24 queries to publishers. I sent 6. All rejected. Better get cracking!
5) Create a web page and/or profile for various writer’s sites. No web page – unless you count this blog. I did write a new author bio and post it to the Yellow Brick Road . Check!
Well, not too bad. Looks like I better resubmit a couple of stories to magazines and start work on those revisions…..