They just keep coming this week! Sally Isaacs was my wonderful room-mate at NJ-SCBWI this past summer, and she’s a fantastic person from whom to learn about children’s nonfiction. Sally is co-chairing this event with Lionel Bender of Bender, Richardson, White – London.
The 21st Century Children’s Nonfiction Conference
The 21st Century Children’s Nonfiction Conference will be held June 14-16 at SUNY New Paltz, NY. The conference is for everyone who writes, illustrates, designs, or studies children’s books … or aspires to. Our faculty includes top writers, illustrators, publishers, designers, and editors. Here’s an example of the breadth of experience of our faculty:
- John Bemelmans Marciano – author/illustrator of Madeline books and creative nonfiction
- Andy Boyles – Science Editor at Highlights Magazine
- Alyssa Mito Pusey – Editor at Charlesbridge Publishing
- Patricia Stockland – Editor-in-Chief at Lerner Classroom and Lerner Publications
- Lou Waryncia – Editorial Director at Cobblestone Publishing
Workshop topics include:
- How you can use your talents to create books, e-books, apps, and other publications
- How you can approach traditional publishers and digital developers with your nonfiction ideas
- How to sell and market your nonfiction products with 21st century technology
- What publishers are looking for
- And much more!
There will be opportunities for one-to-one critiques and consultations. To learn more and to register, click here: www.childrensNFconference.com