- When you feel relief upon returning to your work after a vacation.
- When you’re more worried about the notebooks for your novel in progress than your bankbooks.
- When you spend your waiting time thinking about your characters and not your holiday gift list.
I could go on and on, but I’m too tired. Yes, it’s only Monday but after moving last week and unpacking all weekend, all I wanted to do was fire up the laptop and get some work done. Which included posting here.
(Huh. Now writing combats stress. Better than restorative yoga, if last week is anything to go by. Not that the yoga wasn’t great – UWS Yoga and Wellness is a fantastic studio.)
Next week I promise a more interesting post. But for this week, I’m going to stick to my goals for December:
1) Finishing my revision
2) Drafting my query letter and synopsis
3) Reviewing all submissions for this months’ critique group meeting (and those from last months’ meeting, which I missed)
4) Posting here each week
And the final goal? Enjoy the holidays while accomplishing all of the above.
And before I forget, I am grateful – not just on Thanksgiving, but every day – for my writing friends who support me and my work. Thank you!