What a way to begin 2015! Lauri Fortino of Frog on a Blog has nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Thanks, Lauri – and congratulations on your upcoming books, The Peddler’s Bed and The Dinosaur Tag Survival Guide. Woo hoo!
To accept the award, you have to follow the rules:
- Display the award on your blog. Check!
- Link back to the person who nominated you. Check!
- State 7 things about yourself. See below.
- Nominate 15 bloggers, link to them, and notify them about their nominations. 15? That might be a stretch, but I’m going to try. See below.
Seven Things About Me:
- I read a lot. 300+ books a year, on average. (Thanks, Goodreads!)
- I try to write a lot. Blogging each week (twice a week for much of last year), one novel finished and in submission, and a new novel underway.
- I’m a librarian and writer. Bet you knew that already. 🙂
- I’m thinking about becoming an editorial assistant or agent’s assistant.
- I love ginger cookies and gingerbread men.
- I had a mouse in my apartment over the holidays, and he sure wasn’t Jerry.
- My all-time favorite reference question was “How many sheep are in Kazahkstan?” (Yes, there’s a source for that. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.)
Favorite Fifteen (in no particular order):
- Lauri Fortino of Frog on a Blog. 🙂
- Lauri Meyers of Lauri’s Stories
- Susan Banghart of Word Weaves
- Stacey Wilk
- Rob Sanders of Picture This!
- Erika Wassall of The Jersey Farm Scribe
- Tracey Baptiste of Knitting with Pencils
- Tara Lazar of Writing for Kids (While Raising Them)
- Jennifer Reinharz of Red Said What?
- Jodie of Words Read and Written
- Sheila of Book Journey
- Juliana Lee of Crafting Stories
- Valerie Holmes
- Susan Brody of The Art of Not Getting Published
- Kit Grindstaff
Nominees: if you don’t have the time or inclination to participate in the VIBA, please consider just linking to several of your favorite or friend’s blogs to spread the love. Thanks!
Now back to work…
***P.S. Just noticed a nice note on Sheila’s blog that states hers is an award-free blog, due to time constraints. It’s a great policy. To those who feel the same, I understand – and I still LOVE your blog.