And it’s not over yet! Not till after Labor Day.
As always I’ve been reading like a fiend, and I thought I’d share with you some of my summer reading. The list is in order by when I read them, June – August. A lack of comments does NOT imply I did not enjoy the book. And it’s not a complete list. There’s always some grown-up books I’m reading. 🙂
- Harry Potter – re-read all seven books.
- The Winner’s Curse
- Nothing But Blue
- Stoker & Holmes numbers 2 & 3
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Smoke and Bone #3)
- I Capture the Castle – Written before YA was YA, enchanting
- House of Ivy & Sorrow
- Steering Toward Normal – Rebecca Petruck kindly provided the writing prompts for #KidLitSummer School & boy, can she write!
- Look Into My Eyes (Ruby Redfort #1)
- Heroes of Olympus series – Would you believe my husband started reading them on vacation & couldn’t put ’em down? I had to see what enthralls boys of all ages.
- The Edge of Nowhere (Whidbey Island #1) – Love her Inspector Lynley mysteries, had to see if she could write YA
- The Gaither Sisters trilogy –re-read One Crazy Summer and P.S. Be Eleven; read Gone Crazy in Alabama, oh my!
- Ember in the Ashes – hot and hyped and a really good fantasy
- One Thing Stolen
Still on my nightstand?
- Rain Reign
- Girls Like Us
- George’s Whidbey Island series #2 and #3
- Crenshaw -It’s my end of summer treat. Maybe I’ll save it for read-aloud and discover it along with my students?
- Fangirl – OK, I’m still working on my haul from BEA 2015.
- Ruby Redfort #2 and #3 – These are FUN. I plan on handing them to kids looking for a modern Nancy Drew.
- Ava and Taco Cat
- The Name of the Blade – Licking my lips for this one. YA fantasy & Japanese mythology. Bring it on.
- Wild Boy – Another contender for the read it with my kids pile. 🙂
- Cartwheeling in Thunderstorms
And one of the days I HAVE to read my child’s latest all-time favorite book, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. Sorry, hon. I know you want it to be “your” book, but if it’s THAT good…